To change the password for your Kali Linux user account, you can use the “passwd” command in the terminal. Here are the steps to change your password:
- Open the terminal by clicking on the terminal icon or by pressing “Ctrl + Alt + T” on your keyboard.
- Type the command “passwd” and press enter.
- You will be prompted to enter your current password. Type it in and press enter.
- Next, you will be prompted to enter a new password. Type in your desired new password and press enter.
- You will then be prompted to confirm your new password by typing it in again.
- Once you confirmed it, the process will complete and your password will be changed.
It’s important to remember that the terminal does not show the characters you type, this is done for security reasons.
Please note that changing your password will not affect the encryption passphrase if you have an encrypted home directory.