Picking and adding a theme is one of the last strides in setting up your new WordPress site. The incredible thing is, when your topic is introduced, you are prepared to make your site. In this instructional exercise, you’ll figure out how to introduce and actuate themes on your WordPress site.
Generally, introducing another WordPress theme is for the most part beautiful straight-forward, regardless of which technique you pick, and there are a few! You can introduce a WordPress topic from the authority subjects catalog or from outsider designers. We’ll likewise audit keeping your topic refreshed, changing a current topic, and how to add your topic’s layouts to your site’s pages. These means additionally apply to destinations worked with EasyWP, our advanced WordPress facilitating administration.
To install a wordpress theme follow these steps:
- Log in to your WordPress admin page, then go to Appearance and select Themes.
- To add a theme on your website, click Add New. You’ll find two ways to add a new theme. If you know the name of your desired theme, search for it in the Theme directory. In case you don’t know the name, use the Feature Filter to hone down your selection, check the tags and click Apply Filter for a screen filled with themes that meet your search filter.
- To unlock a theme’s options, put your cursor over it; you can either choose Preview to see a demo of the theme or install it by clicking the Install button once you’re ready to go. Once installed, click on “Activate link”
- Congrats! You’re all done, now preview your site to see how it looks.
In case you want to apply any external theme to your wordpress website:
- Download the theme zip file.
- On the dashboard, click “Appearance” and then select “Add new”.
- Next step is to click on “Upload theme”. A window will appear.
- Now, choose the zip file for the theme you want to apply on your website.
- Finally click on activate. You are all done with applying the theme on your website. All you need to do is customize it with the content you need.