Here is a quick guide to install and use Wireshark on Kali Linux:
- Install Wireshark:
sudo apt install wireshark
- Start Wireshark by running the following command:
- Select the network interface you want to capture packets from in the Wireshark GUI.
- Start capturing packets by clicking the “Start” button in the Wireshark GUI.
- Analyze the captured packets using Wireshark’s various tools and features, such as filters, statistics, and graphs.
- Enjoy using Wireshark on Kali Linux for network analysis and troubleshooting!
Note: Running Wireshark as root is not recommended, as it may pose security risks. To run Wireshark without root privileges, add yourself to the “wireshark” group:
sudo usermod -a -G wireshark [username]