Reaver is a tool that can be used to perform a brute force attack on Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) enabled routers to reveal the WPA/WPA2 password.
To install Reaver on Kali Linux, follow these steps:
- Open the terminal and update the repository list:
sudo apt-get update
- Install Reaver using the following command:
sudo apt-get install reaver
To use Reaver, follow these steps:
- Make sure that your wireless card is in monitor mode by typing the following command:
airmon-ng start wlan0
- Find the target network by typing the following command:
- Take note of the BSSID and channel of the target network.
- Start the Reaver attack by typing the following command:
reaver -i wlan0mon -b <BSSID> -c <channel> -vv
- Wait for the attack to complete, which could take several hours.
- Once the attack is complete, the WPA/WPA2 password will be displayed.
Note: Using Reaver to crack Wi-Fi passwords without the owner’s consent is illegal and unethical. The information provided is for educational purposes only.