What is On-Page SEO
On-page SEO (search engine optimization) refers to the process of optimizing individual web pages in order to rank higher and earn more relevant traffic in search engines. On-page refers to both the content and HTML source code of a page that can be optimized, as opposed to off-page SEO which refers to links and other external signals. Common on-page SEO practices include optimizing title tags, content, internal links, and URLs.
1. Keyword Research: Before you begin any on-page SEO, it is important to do keyword research. This will help you to understand which terms people are searching for and how competitive the search results are for those terms. You should use a keyword research tool like Google Keyword Planner or Ahrefs Keywords Explorer to help you identify the best keywords for your content.
2. Page Title: The page title is one of the most important elements of on-page SEO. It should include the primary keyword you are targeting and should be no more than 60 characters. This will help ensure that search engines understand what the page is about.
3. Meta Description: The meta description is another important part of on-page SEO. It should be a brief description of the page content and should include the primary keyword. This helps search engines understand what the page is about and can also be used to entice searchers to click on your page.
4. Headings & Subheadings: Headings and subheadings are important for breaking up the content on a page and making it easier to read. They also help search engines understand the structure of the page and how the content is organized.
5. Image Optimization: Images can be an important part of on-page SEO. You should include relevant keywords in the alt text for the images and make sure to optimize the size of the images for faster loading times.
6. Internal Linking: Internal linking is important for helping search engines understand the structure of your website and helping users navigate around the site. You should include internal links within your content that point to other pages on your website.
7. Optimize for Mobile: Mobile optimization is essential for today’s websites. You should make sure that your website is optimized for mobile devices and that all the content is easy to read and navigate on smaller screens.
8. Content Quality: Content is still king when it comes to SEO. You should make sure that your content is well-written, informative, and engaging. This will help ensure that your page ranks highly in the search results.
These are the basics of on-page SEO. If you want to get more advanced, there are other elements such as schema markup and structured data that can help optimize your pages for search engines. With the right on-page optimization, you can ensure that your pages are optimized for search engines and that your content is getting the attention it deserves.